My dear husband once told me that he wanted to have meatloaf for dinner every night. I laughed at him. I also laughed at the Barefoot Contessa when she advised you buy a special mini loaf pan to create mini meatloaves. Why not mini meatloaf muffins? These can also be frozen easily and pulled out for lunches or single portions. This is nice for ensuring the hubby gets a healthy, non-processed lunch and saves us quite a few dimes.
I have included a very basic meatloaf recipe below, I seldom follow a recipe, but you may want to if you're a beginner. I'm sure your favorite recipe will work well using this method too!
ingredients:2 lbs ground beef
1 small onion (chopped)
1 cup dried bread crumbs
3 dashes of Worcestershire Sauce
2 Tbsp BBQ sauce or ketchup
salt & pepper to taste
Ketchup or BBQ sauce for glaze
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and grease a muffin tin.
- Mix 1st 7 ingredients together.
- Portion into muffin size balls. Be sure not too pack the balls too tight, or your meat muffin will be very dense.
- Put mini meat muffins into a tin and poke a hole down the center with your finger.
- Fill the hole with ketchup or BBQ sauce and overflow on the top for a glaze.
- Pop in the oven for about an hour, cool on baking rack.
These didn't last long enough to freeze any!
|I served mine with fresh steamed green beans and homemade mashed potatoes.|