sunset_2

sunset_2

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Cheeseburger Pizza with Pickles - Say Whaaat?

When I was 19, I got a job in a small town gas station.  I didn't even know I had applied, my mom had turned in an application for me and they called and were like "you're hired."  Thanks Mom!  I very much enjoyed my gas station job in this very tiny town.  It was the only gas station, and I was the new girl in town.  I hit it off really well with a lot of the guys in town....I think, because I wasn't their cousin....and I made their pizza.  I got to know everyone in town really, really, quickly many good relationships were formed...a couple I probably could have done without, but that's a story for a different day.  Today we are going to talk about Cheeseburger Pizza, a recipe I learned whilst working in the back room of this classy gas station.  

Ingredients you will need:

Pizza Crust (I use Jiffy, but you can use whatever you like)
1 can Pizza Sauce
1/3 cup Ketchup
1/3 cup Mustard
1/2 onion
1/2 lb ground beef
Equal parts Mozzarella and Cheddar cheese (enough to cover the top of your pizza)
Pickles
 Tomato (optional)

Step One:
Make your crust and preheat your oven according to crust package directions.
Step 2:
Brown  and drain your hamburger.  (I usually do steps one and two at the same time...you don't have to if you don't want to, but it saves time...)  Some people like to add the onions to the ground beef, I like my onions added later. 


Step 3:
Put your sauce on the crust.  I use about 1/2 can to start and add more if I need to.  Put sauce in the middle of the pizza, now add about 1/3 cup of ketchup and 1/3 cup of mustard to the sauce pile.  Spread around to edges with a spoon.  (It sounds weird, but just do it, you will thank me later.)


Step 4:
Add toppings
I add raw onion, and had a tomato in the house, so threw that on too.


Then I add the beef.

Next, add your cheese (I only had mozzarella in the house, is much better if you can add cheddar) and put your pickles on! 

I used baby dills because that's what I had in the fridge, you can use hamburger slices, or whatever kind you like on your cheeseburger.  


Step 5:
Now pop it in the oven . 
When you are done you should get something that looks a bit like this.  It sounds strange, but is absolutely deicious, especially if you can't decide if you want a cheeseburger or pizza.


1 comment:

  1. I think I would like it without the ketchup and mustard, but then maybe it wouldn't be a cheeseburger pizza?

    ReplyDelete